Monday, October 31, 2016

Hush Puppies

My older Hush Puppies had given way quite a few months ago. There was a big hole on the sole of my left foot. Finally I changed them in early October before the Pujas. A pair of new Hush Puppies. Their retail price is Rs 7000. But using Bhowmik-da's name I got a 20 per cent discount at the Oberoi arcade Bata. Their store manager is one Mr Sudipto Dev Burman. Bhowmik-da put in a word through to him through the GM HR of Bata.

The shoe feels a little heavy at first. But it is very comfortable, like most Hush Puppies are. There is a certain bounce in it that was lacking in my previous Hush Puppies. But then this is much pricier than them.

November 6, 2016

I had given my two older pairs of Hush Puppies for repair at Mr Mochi's on Darga Road. Today I brought them back. I had spent Rs 500 each. The older pair needed an inner lining change also. However, they said the cobbler who does it is not there and it cannot be done. So they charged me a total of Rs 900.

The shoes look like new. Absolutely no doubt about that. It's a fantastic job for the money. However, they weigh quite a lot more than the originals. Also they feel a little wider and loose on the sides.

I got them repaired basically to have a spare pair ready for the rainy days or for days when I want to take the motorcycle out. Also it is a good idea to give your regular pair a little rest once in a while. They last much longer. These will serve the purpose. I intend to wear them by rotation.

November 10, 2016

Today I bought a pair of Hush Puppies sandals for myself from Bata for Rs 2160. Again by courtesy of Bhowmik-da I got a 20 per cent discount on it. The MRP is above Rs 2600. The pair looks exactly like my previous pair, which served me for a good five years or so perhaps. That was Dr Scholl's though. This feels just a tad tighter than that. That was dark tan. This is pure black. Let me see how long this lasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment